National Sleep Diagnostics (NSD) has been providing home diagnostic testing for sleep apnoea since 2005 through a network of providers across Australia.
We have a team of highly qualified and experienced sleep physicians and sleep scientists who analyse, diagnose and provide treatment recommendations for people testing positive for sleep apnoea.
As recommended by the ASA (Australian Sleep Association), NSD has no formal links to any CPAP manufacturers or providers in the marketplace and we do not sell CPAP, NSD only provides diagnosis and analysis of your sleep. Recommendations are independent and are not biased towards any one treatment but the one that is best for you.
Diagnosing Sleep Apnoea
Today’s 24 hour lifestyle, coupled with an obesity epidemic, have contributed to a rapid rise in sleep disorders in recent years. Sleep apnoea often remains undiagnosed and the consequences can be substantial.
NSD has a team of highly qualified and experienced sleep disorder physicians and sleep scientists who analyse, diagnose and provide treatment recommendations for people testing positive for sleep apnoea.
Dr Peter Solin
Dr Peter Solin is a leading authority on Sleep Disorders and Respiratory Medicine in Australia. Graduating from Melbourne University in 1987, he undertook specialist training at both the Royal Melbourne and Alfred Hospitals, as well as in the UK, gaining his Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 1996. His PhD determined the cause of abnormal nocturnal breathing in heart failure patients. As a master clinician, he treats all types of sleep disorders, from adolescents to the aged, supervising 3 sleep laboratories and in the last decade developed sleep diagnosis services in regional centres. He is the inventor of the Pharmacy Model for home sleep diagnostics, which defined accessible and timely patient-centric healthcare for the underprivileged in the Australian community.
- M.B, B.S., Melbourne University 1987
- F.R.A.C.P. Melbourne 1996
- Ph.D (Sleep Disorders): Monash University
Level 2 Accredited Sleep Physician – (Highest Level)
- ASA: Australasian Sleep Association.
- Thoracic Society of ANZ (TSANZ)
- ERS: European Respiratory Society
- Foundation Member: Sleep Health Foundation
- Director of 3 hospital inpatient Sleep Laboratories
- Medical Director & Founder National Sleep Diagnostics (NSD)
- Medical Director & Founder of Sleep & Respiratory Group (SRG)
- Senior Lecture Monash University since 2000
- Chief Sleep Educator at Cabrini Hospital since 2004
- Clinical Chair of the Australasian Sleep Association (2001-2005), including Panel Member: Sleep Medicine Curriculum for the Australasian College of Physicians, and Panel Member for the Portable/Ambulatory Sleep Testing Position Statement for the Australasian Sleep Association.
- Panel Chair for the Modafinil PBS listing.
- Panel Chair for the Sleep Disorders Section : Ausroads - Assessing Fitness to Drive 2005
- Accreditor for TSANZ/ Australasian Sleep Association
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis Director Monash Medical Centre.
- Adviser and Reviewer: Medibank Private, AHPRA, various medicolgal groups, Dental medicine and Dentists.
- Medico-legal consultant.
- 20 years as a sleep physician, and 25 years involved in Respiratory Illness.
- Lay media presenter on sleep disorders and respiratory Health (MMM, ABC Radionational, 3AW, Peninsula Radio.
- Educator to GPs, Practice Nurses, CPAP providers, CPAP manufacturers in all States.
Dr Chris Daley
Respiratory & Sleep Physician
Dr Chris Daley is a Respiratory and Sleep Physician with interests in respiratory infectious diseases, intensive care, acute and chronic respiratory failure, sleep disordered breathing and lung cancer diagnostics.
Following his MBBS at Monash University, he completed his FRACP in respiratory and sleep medicine through training at Southern Health and Western Health.
B BUS (MANGT), BBus (MGT), GCert Journalism
Annabel is in charge of daily operations and business development. She is the first point of contact for reporting as well any general enquiries you may have.